Third Annual Session
Executive committee of Kerala History Congress has decided to conduct the THIRD ANNUAL CONGRESS from 09.12.2017 to 11.12.2017 under the aegis of FAROOK COLLEGE, KOZHIKODE. We seek your whole-hearted support and active participation in the forthcoming event.
Objectives of the Congress
- Promotion and encouragement of the scientific study of Kerala History;
- Holding Congresses and publishing the Proceedings, Bulletins, Memoirs, Journals and other works;
- Encouragement to Local history, Oral history, Family history etc;
- The management and disposal of funds, property and endowments for the purposes stated above;
- Performance of all other acts conducive to the fulfillment of the objectives o f the Congress;
- Co-operation with other organizations in India and abroad holding similar objectives
Kerala History Congress is a professionalorganization of teachers and research students seeking the promotion of rational and secular history of Kerala. The annual sessions of the Kerala History Congress intent to provide platforms for discuss- ing and debating new researches and perspectives coming up in historical knowledge on Kerala. It envisages the sessions in such a way as to bring the budding scholars and erudite scholars on a common platform to offer immense possibilities of interaction and exchange of ideas between them.
The delegate fee of Rs. 1000/- (for Faculty Members), Rs. 750/- (for Research Scholars and students),Rs.500/- for postgraduate students should be sent by Bank Draft/ online transfer in favour of Muhammedali.T payable at HDFC Bank (Acc. No 50100112034529,IFSC HDFC0004077), Byepass Junction, Kozhikode to the Local Secretary, Kerala History Congress, Department of History, Farook College, Kozhikode -673632. The last date for the receipt of dele- gate fee is 30 November, 2017. Kindly complete the payment by the last date so that the accommodation facility could be confirmed in advance. Delegate registration can also be done by sending the attached proforma to the Local Secretary
Online registration & Submission of Research Papers
Delegates and authors have to register their name online to submit Abstract/Paper.
Steps to register and upload Abstract and Paper.
- Register as a user by selecting the Registration option from User menu (User->Registration)
- Login to the website by using the registered email id as username and the password given during user registration.To login to the website select Login option from User menu (User->Login)
- Select Delegate registration from the Dashboard (User->Dashboard->Delegate Registration) to register as a delegate in the Third Annual Session.
- Upload Abstract by selecting Abstract Submission (User->Dashboard->Abstract Submission) from the Dashboard.
- Upload Paper by selecting Paper Submission (User->Dashboard->Paper Submission) from the Dashboard.
- View your submissions by selecting My Submission (User->Dashboard->My Submission) from the Dashboard.
The papers may be presented either in English or in Malayalam. The research papers not exceeding 12 pages, typed in MS Word with double space should be uploaded to the website or mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com on or before 30th November 2017. The research papers should be based on original research providing new data and interpretation on any area relating to the social, political, cultural, economic, intellectual, oral history and historiography of Kerala. Presentations from other areas which will qualitatively enrich studies on Kerala history are also welcome.
Prizes for best Papers
There are prizes for the best papers submitted at the Kerala History Congress session.
The best paper presented by the Young Scholars who are not above the age of 35 years would be awarded Elamkulam Kunjanpillai young historian prize of Rs. 10,000 with certification.
The best paper presented by Postgraduate students would be awarded to Junior Scholar prize of Rs. 5,000 with certification..
|General President||Prof. KN Panikkar|
|Key Note Address||Prof. Daud Ali|
|Political History||Prof. J Prabhash|
|Economic History||Prof. Michael Tharakan|
|Social history||Prof. Meera Velayudhan|
|Intellectual History||Prof. T T Sreekumar|
|Cultural History||Prof. KM Sheeba|
|Local/Oral History||Prof. C Balan|
|Special Session on Social Stratification in Kerala||Dr. KS Madhavan|
|Plenary session||Prof. Uma Chakravarti, Prof. Janaki Nair, Prof. Mary John|
|Panel Discussion on History of Islamic Societies in Kerala||Syed Farid Alatas, Raziuddin Aquil, MR Raghava Varier, KN Ganesh, P P Abdul Razak|
|Erudite Lectures||Prof. MGS Narayanan, Prof. Rajan Gurukkal, Prof. Kesavan Veluthat|
|Memorial Lectures on M Govindan, Mohammed Abdurahiman Sahib and KK Muhamed Abdul Kareem|